The SIDEWINDER Self Timing Brake is not just another knockoff copy of existing self timing brakes. It was engineered from the ground up to be extremely effective, easier to install, and much more versatile. The SIDEWINDER uses the same patent pending self timing technology as the HELLFIRE, only larger. Read more on all of its advantages below:
– Extremely easy installation, brake WILL NOT turn as you torque the collar to lock. No more guessing where the brake ports will line up once you tighten it down!
– Simple round knurled nut that requires no tools to time the brake.
– Return to zero is excellent. This means removal of your brake and re-installation will not require a zero change.
– Suppressor mounts like those available for the HELLFIRE will be available soon.
– Simply torque the universal adapter onto your barrel with a 13/16″ wrench, this piece never has to come off. Next, LEFT HAND thread the brake/collar assembly onto the adapter until it is almost snug. Now rotate the brake until it is level, push the brake into the adapter and you will feel it lock onto the taper. Now tighten the collar fully by hand, and you are done!
SIDEWINDER Muzzle Brake
– Rearward facing ports for the ultimate in recoil reduction. The SIDEWINDER is modeled after our extremely popular HELLFIRE brake, which was independently tested side by side with the best brakes on the market. The HELLFIRE showed 52% recoil reduction on a 6.5 Creedmoor test rifle. This is ~4% more than the one of the most popular brakes on the market. The SIDEWINDER has one more port and is larger in diameter – so you can expect a notable increase in recoil abatement.
– Proprietary port design controls muzzle rise without the use of top porting.
– Proprietary progressive port design. The amount of work done by a muzzle brake as you move away from the muzzle decreases with distance. Knowing this, we decided to increase the size of the first port and decrease slightly with every port further out. This keeps the overall length down, without sacrificing efficiency.
– Face of brake is engraved with caliber to indicate the top for correct orientation, and a horizontal line to aid in leveling.
– Made from heat treated 17-4PH Stainless Steel
– Brakes will be available in Black Nitride finish or raw stainless (all universal adapters will be black)
– Manufactured on state of the art CNC Machines right here in NW Ohio. 100% Made in USA.
– 1.125″ OD Brake, 1.275″ OD collar
Universal Adapter – These will be available separately after this initial run of brakes. I have a limited number of each thread pitch available, and want to see what the distribution ends up being before opening up the flood gates on these. An email will be sent to all buyers when this happens, and you will be offered similar add-on discount prices as the Hellfire.
– Universal adapter system allows TOOL FREE use of multiple muzzle attachments
– Universal adapter uses a taper surface similar to a machine tool spindle for the absolute best alignment with the muzzle threads.
– Universal adapter is made in one operation on a state of the art CNC lathe, threads are 100% concentric to taper surface